R o c k w e l l C o l l i n s P i n g P o n g L e a g u e
cedar rapids, ia
View our E-commerece Policies
P O S T I N G S
----- .pdf files -----
R E G I S T R A T I O N
••• CLOSED •••
N E X T S E A S O N
Did you miss this Ping Pong Season?
Get on Next Season's E-mail List!
L I N K S
Clubs & Leagues
N E W S
2018 Table Tennis Update
Awards and Rules Information
by: Don Wright
posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018
1. Make every attempt to play on Friday night as this is your only opportunity to complete your matches. No makeups allowed. If you do not show then you will forfeit the match resulting in a loss for your team. For doubles, if 1 or more does not show for a match and your opponents have both players there then they will win by forfeit resulting in a loss for your team. All other scenarios result in a loss for both teams.
2. Awards will be given out to the members of the top two teams following the playoffs. The last two weeks of the season are reserved for team head-to-head playoffs.
3. The top four players with the best overall winning percentage will participate in a round robin singles event to determine the overall singles champion. Award will be presented to the winner.
Registration for the Spring 2018 League
by: Don Wright
posted: Monday, March 26, 2018
Registration is now closed. Stay tuned for details for the upcoming season. The first day of League play will be on Friday 4/6/2018. We will be playing on Friday evenings only from 5:30pm - 8:30pm. No Sunday play this Spring season.
Table Tennis Coaching
by: Don Wright
posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017
Check out https://www.pingskills.com/ for tutorials for people of all skill levels. You can create a free account that gives you access to many instructional videos and other great content. This site was developed by Olympic Coach Alois Rosario and Olympian Jeff Plumb.
New League at the Recreation Center
Starting on January 5th
by: Don Wright
posted: Thursday, December 7, 2017
Our newly-formed / re-formed Ping Pong League will accept registrations in December for play to begin in later in the month.
We will create teams to play against one another in a friendly manner. Select Competitive ir Non-Competitive when registering so I can use this to assess your ability only. We encourage all skill levels to sign up. We will play matches on Fridays from 5:30pm - 8:30pm and Sundays from 5:00pm - 8:00pm. First League day will be Friday 1/5/18.
Ping Pong is BACK!
vs: table tennis
by: Larry Tjaden
posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Don Wright will be the new Coordinator...
For More Information...
by: Jeff Havel
posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017
Call the Ping Pong League Coordinator,
Don Wright at 263-2458
Call the Recreation Center at 295-2552
REGULAR SEASON PLAYERS
- Spring 2018 -
R A T I N G S
League, Player, Rating
Competitive, Faruque Hossain, Advanced
Competitive, Prajakta Laxane, Beginner
Competitive, Gaurav Darekar, Intermediate
Competitive, John Kolb, Advanced
Competitive, Hai Le, Advanced
Competitive, Lap Ho, Intermediate
Competitive, Afam Madumelu, Advanced
Competitive, Vijay Pisini, Advanced
Competitive, tarun rastogi, Advanced
Competitive, Janani Ravichandran, Intermediate
Competitive, John Glenski, Beginner
Competitive, Don Wright, Advanced
Competitive, Naresh Kulkarni, Advanced
Non-competitive, Ashly Murali, Beginner
Competitive, Thomas Bullinga, Intermediate
Competitive, Rakshith Varadaraju, Intermediate
Competitive, Ryan Steinbron, Intermediate
Competitive, Aaron Barnes, Intermediate
Competitive, Sandeep Gadhvi, Advanced
Competitive, Jawahar Thangavelu, Intermediate
edited: February 27, 2018
League Rules - Spring 2018
- League nights and times: Fridays from 5:30pm - 8:00pm and Sundays from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
We will start on Friday 3/30/18 and continue through 5/20/18.
1. All players need to register before the league starts in order to participate in the league.
2. There will be two categories (This is just to give me an idea on your level. We will match up as teams and make sure you play someone of the same ability level:
a) Competitive (have experience playing before)
b) Non-Competitive (with minimum or no experience)
c) More importantly, select Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.
3. Eligibility: The following are eligible to play in the Rockwell Collins Table Tennis League (NOTE: all of the following also include the age requirement of 18 or older):
Rockwell Collins Employee (self and/or spouse)
Rockwell Collins Contractor (self and/or spouse)
Rockwell Collins Retiree (self and/or spouse)
Rockwell Collins Recreation Center Member - $10
Non-Rec Center Member - $25
-- IMPORTANT: You must be either a Rec-Center Member or a Rockwell Employee to be eligible to play in the Rockwell Table Tennis league. No exceptions.
5. All matches will be Best-of-Three sets (each set of 11 points) for Round- Robin and Best-of- Five sets (each set of 11 points)for Playoffs. The matches will be played according to ITTF rules (The Laws of Table Tennis Handbook). Please see the attachment for the detail rules.
6. Each player will be assigned the following amount of points for each match:
Each Win = 3 points.
Each Loss (playing through entire game) = 1 point.
Each Loss through FORFEIT = 0 points.
7. In case of a tie in points between two players, the following tiebreak system will be used (Order of precedence: A, then B, then C, and then D1 or D2):
A. The player with a win over the other player who is equal on points is ranked higher.
B. The player with highest Win-Loss Difference (in games won) is ranked higher.
C. The player with highest Win-Loss Difference (in points won) is ranked higher.
D1. If both players will make playoffs, flip of coin to decide who is ranked higher.
D2. If only one of the two players will make playoffs, play a sudden-death elimination match.
Note: It is very UNLIKELY it will come down to Section D in a tiebreak.
9. If the player leaves the league, before completing his/her scheduled matches, opponent will be awarded 2 points each for the matches that were not played before the next round.
10. Schedule Conflict/ Forfeit Rules: While the coordinators make the best attempt to schedule the matches, it is the player’s responsibility to complete their matches before the current round ends. In case of a schedule conflict, please contact your opponent in advance, and see if you can reschedule. Rescheduling has to be done 24 hours prior to the scheduled match. A NO-SHOW, without prior communication, will be a FORFEIT and the opponent will be awarded 2 points while the absentees get 0 points. NO SHOWS can be declared if the player is not ready to play 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time.
11. If the rescheduled match (agreed by both players) cannot be played before the next round, both players will be awarded 1 point each.
12. The winner is responsible to email the match results to League coordinator. Please include the number of sets won by both players, and also the sportsmanship rating (SR) that both players give each other, on a scale of 1 to 5.
SR Scale: 1 = Bad, 2 = Average, 3 = Good, 4 = Very Good, 5 = Excellent.
The player with the highest SR rating at the end of the season will receive the Rockwell Table Tennis Sportsmanship Award. The lowest SR rating from one match in the season is excluded in the calculation for the sportsmanship award at the end of the season.
Please email the league coordinator immediately if you have any questions or concerns in regards to sportsmanship issues. The goal of the league is to allow everyone to have a good time but be competitive at the same time.
13. The league official will set up a schedule for the entire season with assigned weeks for match play after the registration deadline. The draw can be found in league?s website. Once you review the order of play, you and the other party are both responsible for contacting each other and complete the match and report the result to league coordinator.
14. Any round-robin match can be played during any of the first eight weeks of round robin (or make up week).
15. Playoffs must be played on the designated week as scheduled. If the match is not completed by Sunday of the week scheduled for that match, the Table Tennis League Coordinator will determine the player to advance to the next round based on ranking and head-to-head stats.
16. Players are expected to have their own racquets. However the recreational center front desk will have the basic racquets if needed.
Note: Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the league coordinator, and updates will be announced on the Rockwell Table Tennis Website. Please email the league coordinator if you have any questions. Thank you.
The Rockwell Collins Ping Pong League is solely responsible for the content of this web site. Such content does not necessarily reflect the views of Rockwell Collins, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Rockwell Collins Ping Pong League · All rights reserved.